Friday, February 13, 2009

Balloon Sinking

The kids creatively and accidentally created a new game. I named it Balloon Sinking! We had some balloons from Spencer's birthday party (post still to come!) While Todd and I were at a baptism, the balloons got loose (hmmmm) and floated up to the sky light. The kids wanted to get the balloons down, but they didn't know how. Kyle came up with this awesome idea. They got Nerf guns and used the darts with suction cups on the tips. They shot at the balloons until the darts would stick. When there were enough darts on the balloons to give it enough weight, the balloons sink to the ground. Brilliant!

Now it is a game. Of course, you just take the darts off and let the balloons rise. Then start shooting again. Try it. It is a blast and your kids will think you are awesome! But I am not responsible for any Nerf darts that stick to your windows or walls. We didn't have any, to my great surprise. I am also not responsible for the cleaning that may happen after you play this game. After looking upward to the skylights and tall ceilings, you notice cobwebs and dust you didn't see before. Sorry.

This is a super cheap game. Just a few helium balloons and a Nerf gun or two. A balloon that has 'flat' sides would probably work best. Let me know if you enjoy the game.




4 comments:

kimberly said...

Sounds like a lot of fun we will have to try it some time. Very ingenious!

Kelli said...

Nate is totally going to LOVE that idea. Joey's turning 3 next month so I have a feeling there will be balloons, and what dad doesn't need an excuse to get a nerf gun. I hear a cryptic laughter over my shoulder...

Elyse said...

Ha ha! That is awesome!

Trisha said...

Reminds me of a not-so-nice game that my brother came up with along with his kids. Try throwing the little plastic balls from ball pits into a moving ceiling fan. The object of the game is to NOT get hit by any balls that are richocheting off the fan. You might want to arm yourselves with pillows or blankets before actually commencing the game. Have fun!