Monday, August 25, 2008

Girls Camp 2008






Nicole was old enough this year to attend girls camp. She was more excited than you can possibly imagine. I was fortunate enough to attend camp with her as a unit leader. It was a great week. The Stake theme was D.I.R.T. (Daughters in Righteous Training.) Our unit was the Lady Bugs (Lovable And Darling Youth Building Up Great Spirits.) The week was full of songs and cheers, speakers, skits, food, water slide, crafts, rock climbing, archery, cleaning the biffies, walking, testimonies, more fun and a little bit of sleep. During the week, another leader came to me and said "I think Nicole was born to be at girls camp." That made me laugh and realize how much fun she was having even though it was her first year. She had a blast! She even got up at 6:00 am to do the Polar Dip in the cold river. She did not miss a thing.
I was especially grateful to all of the boys who stayed behind and survived while I was gone. They kept the house clean and their stomachs full. It was a successful week or everyone!

5 comments:

Katie Pettey said...

Nicole, you are such a trooper! It looks like so much fun. You are in for some great experiences. I especially appreciate the BYU representation up there. Rhonda, your blog is beautiful!

KG said...

See! I knew you could do it! The blog looks great and we are already keeping in better touch! Let's talk ALL the cousins into blogging....what do you say?!

Nikki said...

Hey it is me Nikki Cheung Hi if you would like to reach me it is zincsnowflake@yahoo.com ok email me also what is sad I might have broken my wrist.

Jantte said...

I can't believe Nicole is old enough to go to camp! WOW,
Camp is my very favorite. Maybe they'll let me go again someday even though I'm getting old.

Lisa said...

Rhonda, you are inspiring!!! I will get on the "bandwagon" and get my family blog up soon. You are looking so good by the way!!! Being "The Bishop's wife" must agree with you.